10/15/08

Waiting and waiting and waiting

I have been waiting on the results of my blood work for about a week. I went yesterday for my 36 week checkup and I was informed that my blood work got messed up. Long story short, the Greenville lab sent it to a lab in Birmingham...the Birmingham lab said my blood was suppose to be frozen instead of refrigerated, so any results would not be 100% accurate. So, after discussing it with Matt and my doctor I decided to go back in today to get the blood work redone so I wouldn't question the results. Talk about FRUSTRATING!!

Yesterday and last night were extremely hard because I could not stop thinking about it and stressing out. I know that if I have this condition, then they will get on top of taking Cadence out ASAP (usually by 37 weeks or so...which, holy cow is next week)! I kept thinking, "If they wouldn't have messed up my blood work then I would already know and they could already be getting on top of things and making sure Cadence is okay. Instead, I am just waiting, and the longer I wait the more serious it can get (if I do have this condition)." Needless to say, yesterday I was a nervous wreck.

This morning I went back to the doctor at 8:30 to get my blood work redone. This time my doctor's office said they were going to take care of the blood work and that I would have my results from it by this afternoon. Part of the test (the part that tests for my liver function) will be in today and the second half of the test (which tests for my bile acids) will be back tomorrow. Basically, if the test results come back positive today then they will definitely take Cadence early. If they come back negative and the second part of the test comes back positive tomorrow, then they still may take her early but it won't be as urgent. And, if everything comes back negative it just means I have a really bad case of pregnancy itching and it's up to me how long I can stand it...if I can stand it until 40 weeks, great, but if not they said it wouldn't be a problem to take her early so I wouldn't go insane.

After they did the blood work they then hooked me up and monitored her heart rate for about 20 minutes. Thankfully, she has a very strong heart beat and everything looks great there. So, now I'm just waiting again for results and what to do. I'm not as stressed today b/c I know that her heart is good and that they are on top of things. If I do have this condition I will probably go back in sometime this week for an amniocentesis to make sure her lungs are fully developed. If her lungs are developed then they will probably induce me sometime next week or so and get her out so she won't be harmed. Gosh, so much to think about!!!!

I have to say that I am VERY impressed with my group of doctors (Greenville OBGYN) because they are so on top of things. They handled me very well today and everyone knew what they were doing, they didn't waste time, etc. I am very thankful to be under such great care! And regardless of whether they take her next week or not, she will be here soon and I am excited to meet her! I will be sure to keep everyone posted! Thanks for the prayers!

No comments: