10/16/08

Cadence will be here soon!

I will try to make this short, but I do want to inform everybody. I heard back from the first set of test results and a few things were off, but overall everything was normal. I should hear back today on whether or not I actually have this condition: Cholestasis. I talked to the doctor last night and he said that regardless of what the test results say, he still wants to do an amniocentesis (to check her lungs) and take her out. He said he trusts a mother's intuition and gut feelings more than any labs, and both me, Matt and the doc think something is wrong and that Cadence needs to come out.

I am so thankful for doctors who listen and who validate feelings. I can't say enough about Dr. Stamm and how he has taken care of me. So, basically, now I am just waiting to hear from the doc about the results. After I hear (either way) they will set me up for an amniocentesis, and after I get those results (hopefully her lungs will be developed) they will induce me. It could be tomorrow, this weekend, or early next week. I am not sure at this point when I will be induced, but I do know it will be soon. Dr. Stamm said that I have all of the symptoms of this condition and it's nothing to play around with, so he just wants to get her out to prevent any problems. So, I still wait and I still pray. I know God is in control, but I can't help but be anxious. Please keep us in your prayers and I will do my best at keeping everyone updated.

Love to you all,
Abby

1 comment:

Buggaboosmommy said...

Abby, Greenville OBGYN has wonderful doctors who are great with their mommies and their babies! I even had the least favorite of the group the day I had Sean and he still did a great job!! Sean was born at 37 weeks and is very healthy!! I'll be praying for you and your sweet little girl!!