10/24/08

The Latest!!

What a rollercoaster these last few weeks and days have been!!! I am thankful to say that things are finally coming to an end and I will get to meet my daughter very soon! :) Last night was a little scary b/c I hadn't felt Cady move much. They told me to be monitoring her due to my low amniotic fluid, so we got a little concerned. I called my buddy, Ashley (labor and delivery nurse at the hospital who is my ANGEL) and she told me to come to the hospital to get checked out. We didn't call our parents or anyone b/c we didn't want to scare anybody, so Matt and I headed up there to see what was going on.

When we arrived, Ashley met us and immediately took me to a room and hooked me up to the fetal heart monitor. Thankfully, Cadence was amazing! The doctor said he hadn't seen a heart that good in about a month and was very pleased with her. What a huge relief! They think the reason I wasn't feeling her move much was due to the low amniotic fluid and the fact that she is so big now that she doesn't have much room to move. They also thought my water might have broken, but it ended up that it had not. I was there for over an hour so they could monitor us, and while I was there I started having contractions. They were pretty regular, but the doc thinks it's partly because he was messing around "down there". haha. They sent us home and told me to take two Tylenol and a Benadryl and to sleep.

I didn't sleep much last night b/c I was very uncomfortable and kept having some contractions throughout the night-but nothing that made me think I needed to jet back to the hospital. We went to the doc this morning for my biophysical exam (an in-depth ultrasound). Everything was perfect! My amniotic fluid levels had risen and Cadence was doing amazing! They measured and weighed her and said she already weighed about 8 pounds!! Holy Cow-I couldn't imagine if I went to 40 weeks haha. I then went and was checked by the doctor (1 cm dialated and 90% effaced). She told me, "I don't know how you're walking around because her head is so low." Basically, Cadence is preparing on her own to come out which really makes me happy. She is a healthy, big baby who just knew she didn't need to stay in 40 weeks haha.

They set me up to be induced on Monday morning and we have to be at the hospital at 5:30 AM to get things started. The doc said she could come on her own before then, so we will see. :) But regardless, I will be in the hospital by Monday having this sweet child!! We are soooo excited and so appreciative of all of the prayers and encouragement from all of you. I don't know if I'll write any more until after Cady is here, but just know we love you all and appreciate you! I'll try to get Matt to update my blog after she is born to give you the weight, height, time, etc. :)

We love you!!
Abby and Matt

1 comment:

The Millages said...

Hey girl! I am so happy for you and Matt. I saw your blog address posted on Facebook and I wanted to check it out! We also have a blog. Isn't it fun!?! Best wishes on your precious baby! It will be the most amazing experience. I know there is a lot of anxiety as the big day approaches. Just enjoy it! It will be a day you will always remember! We'll be keeping you in our prayers. Is your friend, Ashley, an L&D nurse at Greenville Memorial? My nurse when I had Jake was named Ashely and I absolutely loved her!! I bet she is the same one you are talking about. She was so sweet and we had a lot of fun with her!

Take care and Best Wishes!
Jennifer Millage