10/23/08

Amniocentesis and more waiting!

I went in yesterday for my amniocentesis. I gotta tell ya: I was an absolute NERVOUS wreck. Both Matt and mom went in with me (Matt sat beside me and rubbed my hair and momma held my hand...bless her hand, I squeezed it off)! The needle didn't hurt at all but when it hit my uterus, I thought I was gonna scream (it felt like a terrible cramp). The whole procedure didn't take long at all but once it was over I cried and cried. I think it was everything I had held in (my nervousness, all my emotions over everything lately, etc.). After the procedure they took me to a room and hooked me up to a fetal heart monitor to make sure Cadence wasn't under any stress. Her heartbeat was wonderful. I started having these horrible cramps, which later the nurse told me was contractions (it's normal to have that after an amnio). Finally, those went away and I was just crampy the rest of the day. I am so thankful for Meredith, the nurse (who is also a church friend). She kept me calm and reassured me throughout the procedure. She also took care of me after the procedure and she was an absolute God send. Thank you, Meredith!! After about 25 minutes or so of monitoring Cady they told me to go home and rest and stay home today.

I got a call yesterday afternoon that her lungs are not fully developed. I was extremely disappointed b/c I was all prepared to go to the hospital last night and get this show on the road. Luckily I was with mom (she took care of me ALL day b/c Matt had to work). I had a break down. Gosh this emotional rollercoaster! Me and mom had fun yesterday, though. We cuddled, took a nap together, etc. Sometimes you just have to have your mommy and she was just what I needed! Thanks mom! :) Since those results came back negative, they sent them off for a more extensive look and I just received the call that her lungs still aren't developed. They are close, but not there yet. So, I am just waiting to get a call back from my doctor to tell me where to go from here. I'm thinking they will either take her mid next week or next weekend, but I can't say for sure. I promise to keep everyone updated. All of this back and forth has been stressing me out, but I'm finally just going with the flow...that's all I can do. I hate waiting and wondering, but as I know deep in my heart God is in control and that gives me comfort!

Thanks for all of the prayers! Keep them coming. :) I will continue to try to update the best I can. We love yall!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

So glad we got to see you last night! hope you feel much much better :) LOVE YOU!