7/28/08

Making Way for the Baby

Matthew and I have been working hard (actually, Matt working hard and me "supervising") on trying to get things ready for Cadence. I know we have 3 1/2 more months to work on things, but I like to get things done early so I can enjoy it and not stress (plus the fact that I'm OCD and it will drive me crazy if I don't do something that I set my mind to). Anyhoo-last weekend Matt and I did a huge clean out in our house. We cleaned out bedroom closests, bedrooms, our bonus room, etc. It wore me out, but it felt so good to get it all done. I really did ache for a couple of days afterwards-and let me tell you, going up and down stairs REALLY wears me out these days...it's sad but oh well. So, that was last weekend's chore.

This weekend was the fun part: painting the nursery! :) I say fun b/c all I did was lay in the bonus room, watch King of Queens, and run and check on Matt every half hour. Bless his heart- he worked his butt off (until about midnight or after) to get that room done for me. It is soooo pretty. Matt's parents gave us the bedding for the nursery on Saturday, so we took a trip to Home Depot and matched the paint. I don't know what you'd call the color but I'd say its something like, "Cotton Candy." It is PINK!! For those of you who really know me, you know pink is my favorite color, so I am one happy camper. Cadence will like pink if it kills her. :) It really does look a lot like the color of my room when I was a little girl (thanks mom for introducing me to the best color ever when I was a baby)! When I figure out how to post pics within a blog entry, I will be sure to show you this pink nursery...or maybe I'll wait until the nursery is finished. We will see. :)

I am excited to get the furniture in now! It should be in by the end of August. And unfortunately, I am not good at putting things together so Matt will be working hard yet again. Oh and did I mention that in the nursery there is no overhead light/fan (not even the wires to have one installed)?! Yea-Matt is going to have to put one of those up and do the wiring too. :) I can't tell you how thankful I am to have a husband who is such a handyman! Really-he can do anything as far as I am concerned. I would go into detail and brag about him, but then I'd have to change the title of this entry to, "My husband is the best and can fix/do anything- no doubt!" :) I love you, Matty!

Alright, I am going to try and get some work done now. Monday mornings are always fun-especially when our cleaning ladies use this time to clean my office (dust and vaccuum) all around me as I am trying to work...seriously-one is standing right behind me, dusting my desk and not putting the items back where they were originally. ugh! Okay, that is another post in itself. :)

*Update: here are some pics I just uploaded of the nursery-in-progress! :)

*The before picture*



*Matt showing off the paint!*


*The first coat of paint*




*So pretty!*


*I love it!*


More pics will come as we continue to work on the nursery! Stay tuned. :)

No comments: