7/14/08

Faithful and Thankful

I am learning more and more about God's faithfulness, and every day I am more thankful! This weekend was extremely busy, but God allowed me to have several moments of reflection (over various things). All of this probably won't mean anything to you, but I am going to write it just to remind myself of how good God is.

The fact that I am actually pregnant completely blows my mind. I know I complain of the aches and pains, mood swings and so on, but honestly this is such an amazing time in my life. It seems like just yesterday I was complaining about how I'd never get married and blah blah blah. I was reminded of this yesterday at my sister-in-law's baby shower. My grandmother, Mimi (she passed away a couple of years ago and was the most important person in my life) was the person I told everything to. It makes me sad when I think that she couldn't be at my wedding and won't get to meet our daughter, but God reminded me of how blessed I truly am. At the shower, Mimi's best friend, Grace showed up-which is always a blessing. I love talking to her because I feel like a part of my grandmother is there. Grace was telling me how much I meant to my Mimi and how they would talk at least once a day (sometimes for hours) about what God was doing in my life and different things I was experiencing. She reminded me of how in October of 2004, I had called Mimi to cry to her and to tell her I thought I'd never get married (sob story, I know). Grace informed me that after that conversation Mimi called her and said, "We need to pray for Abby. I know God has a husband out there for her and I've been praying for him since the day she was born. Let's just pray that he comes soon because Abby is so discouraged." In November of 2004 (less than a month after that conversation) I was introduced to Matt and of course we later married and now I'm pregnant! :) Grace also reminded me that Mimi had the chance to meet Matt before she passed away. This is absolutely huge to me because Matthew knows how much Mimi means to me and he was able to see why I loved her so much and vice versa. Also I had forgotten (and Grace reminded me), but when we got my wedding dress I was able to model it for Mimi a few months before she passed away, so she was able to see me in my dress even though she passed away before the wedding. I know God placed Grace in my presence yesterday to remind me of how faithful God is and how he orchestrates every little details in our lives. I am thankful that I had an amazing grandmother to pray for me since the day I was born and who loved me enough to ask her friends to pray for me. God knew she wouldn't be alive to be at my wedding, but He allowed us to have a special day to where I could model my dress for her. I really wish she could meet Cadence, but I have faith God has told her all about her. I will definitely tell Cadence all about Mimi.

I am also reminded and blown away at how God has blessed Matthew and I with our family, friends, church, home group, house, jobs, this pregnacy, etc. It is hard to believe that we are 25, own a house, and have a baby on the way. I would have never thought that I would be where I am now. God is continuing to bless us tremendously in ways that we do not deserve. He is giving us the desires of our hearts and I am so thankful!! I am overwhelmed, actually. I am thankful that God got ahold of my heart this weekend, reminded me and showed me just how much He has given me and blessed me with. There are so many other examples that I could give to show God's faithfulness, but it would take about 3 million posts. I am just glad that I serve a God who is concerned about my heart and who loves to bless me.

No comments: