7/15/08

Movin' and a Shakin'

I have been feeling our little girl, Cadence, move around for the past few weeks. It has felt like weird gas bumbles rumbling through my stomach. Last night, for the first time, I finally felt her kick or jab me (not sure which one it was). I was laying on the couch downstairs and all of a sudden I felt like someone was punching/kicking me from the inside. It shocked me at first and then I got really excited, so I lifted up my shirt and started pressing on the area where the movement happened to see if she would do it again. A few minutes later she kicked in the same spot and I could actually see my hand move up and down on my stomach where she kicked. It was absolutely amazing!! I ran upstairs to tell Matt and we tried to get her to do it again but she wouldn't. She is, however, moving and shaking like crazy as I type this. She is going to be active I do believe. :) I have heard lots of women say, "Oh it feels wonderful feeling the baby move. It is the most amazing thing ever." Not to call them liars or anything, but it doesn't exactly feel good. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE knowing that my child is moving and is healthy, but the word "good" just doesn't come to mind when I describe how it feels. It's just plain weird. I guess I'm just not one of those super pregnant women who embraces and completely loves every little thing about being pregnant. I am, however, so thankful for being able to experience this and glad that I can feel my little girl move around inside of me. Hopefully her daddy will feel her soon. He told me I'd better not let anyone else feel her move before he gets to. :) Matt, if you're reading this, I promise I won't let anyone else feel until her daddy gets to feel. I'll save that for you. :)

Before I end this post I wanted to "announce" our little girl's full name... Cadence Grace Ivester
Ahhh I love just typing it b/c I love it so much! All credit goes to my dear husband b/c it's all him. A few months ago we were at the lake with my family and were looking through a baby name book. We each wrote down some names we liked and Matt wrote down "Cadence." I liked it, but I really wasn't sold on the name. When we went for our ultrasound and found out we were having a girl, during the ultrasound I felt this huge urge to pee (surprise! surprise!). The ultrasound tech lady (whatever you call those people) told me to look and our little girl was tapping her foot like crazy on my bladder...it was the coolest thing I've ever seen! After that ultrasound we really started to talk about baby names and I was thinking we'd never have a girls name. However, my creative husband reminded me of the name Cadence and how it means "rhythm." After talking about it, we both knew this was her name because she was obviously jamming to some kind of sound when she was tapping her foot on my bladder. Also, Matthew and I are both musical and would love for her to be musical too. So, Cadence it is. As far as her middle name, that comes from my grandmother (the one I posted about yesterday). No, her name is not Grace, but she was the most graceful, godly woman I have ever known. She played such a huge role in my life (still does even though she has passed away) and I really want her to be apart of my girl's name. Me and Mimi's all time favorite song is "Amazing Grace" and I grew up singing it as she played the piano. So, Grace just fits. Cadence Grace Ivester. Gosh I love it! I'm sure we'll call her "Cady" for short some, which I love too. I'm just ready to meet this little gal who seems to be enjoying tapping on my bladder and jabbing me. :)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I love the honesty! :) Amen sister - I hear ya.