7/10/08

i know i am pregnant, people!!

so, i love reading other people's blogs and i thought i would try starting one. i'm not sure how long this will last because i get tired of things really quickly and i will probably get tired of this. but, i will give it a try. i gotta admit, i am not the best at getting my thoughts out-my husband will tell you this. :) i can't tell stories good, and i do not remember details very well either. but, if you are my friend and are reading this, you will be used to the way that i talk/type, so bless your heart for hanging in there with me and reading this amazing blog!! because my life is so fascinating, i figured i would share it with everyone (ha.). actually, i just have a lot of time on my hands right now and i figured i would join the bandwagon and share my life with the internet world.

i need to apologize before i continue because i am going to use this post as a time to vent. most of you know that i am 22 weeks pregnant and yes, i am showing. i don't mind it all that much because i've never been pregnant before so all of this newness and attention is pretty fun. MOST of the attention, that is. i gotta say that i am sick and tired of people (mainly people at work) coming up to me and making comments such as, "Wow you are getting big." "Gosh your belly sure is growing!" "Are you sure you're not having twins because you look big!" i mean, really people!!! do you not think that i know my body is changing? i haven't been able to get in my normal clothes in weeks, my face has broken out like a girl going through puberty, my body aches, i am tired, and YES MY STOMACH IS GETTING BIG!! i snapped at a coworker yesterday b/c i believe i am at the end of my rope with people's ignorant comments. after she came into my office and said, "oh my gosh you are getting big", i took it upon myself to say, "yea that is what usually happens when someone is pregnant. i am pregnant!" i went home last night and started thinking about all of this. for one, i am really annoyed with people making ignorant comments about things that i know are happening with my body. on the other hand, i felt really bad for snapping at this poor girl who can barely speak any english...okay, so that has nothing to do with anything, but for some reason it does make me feel extra bad! maybe i need to be more patient and just take the good comments with the bad. OR maybe these people can just stop being so stupid and learn to shut their mouths...i dunno, i'm trying to figure this out because i really don't want to be mean.

well, this post was short, but its 4:30 and time for me to leave work-i don't stay one minute past unless it is absolutely necessary. maybe i'll write again tomorrow. or maybe i'll never write again. we will see what happens. :)

2 comments:

LizzyBear4000 said...

i remember those days! my daughter was breech and she pushed forward, so my belly stuck out even further. And i was like 6 months and everyone was like "you look like your gonna pop any second" i also got the twin thing and that i must have a big baby in there. she was small. 6lbs 5oz. tell them to shove off! lol just kidding.

oh and also, i love typing in lowercase too!

Lauren said...

I need to give you this magazine I just read that had ways to cope with the things people say during pregnancy. I think the response for the big comment is to look at them and say, "I cannot believe you would say something like that!" haha maybe that would work. Just a thought. :) LOVE YOU! You are beautiful just the way you are!