7/11/08

i think i'm an 80 yr. old woman

with pregnancy comes the urge to pee a lot, so i've learned. and let me tell you, i run (well, i walk briskly) to the restroom about every 30 min. or so to pee. the problem is, when i actually get in there it's rarely a gush of pee, which is what i feel needs to occur. it's almost always a *drip* and it really gets on my nerves (though it does make me feel much better). i am really beginning to feel like an 80 yr. old woman who needs to just put on a depends undergarment and get on with my day. it would be much easier to just *drip* whenever i pleased onto a depends, instead of get up from my desk -or wherever i happen to be at the moment. i know some of you may think this is gross, but you try being pregnant...nothing will gross you out anymore. :)

since i do work at an assisted living facility i am around a lot of 80+ yr. old women and i really do think they are rubbing off on me (or either this pregnancy is). let me do some comparisons for you:

*they have trouble remembering certain things/telling stories~~~~i have trouble remembering things/telling stories.

*they can get a tad grumpy and snap at the drop of a hat~~~~yea me too.

*they walk a little slow, hunched over and plop on a couch whenever they can~~~~i am now walking slower, hunching a little bit b/c my back hurts, and i would plop on a couch if ever near one.

*they frequently run to the bathroom or just go in their pants~~~~i freqently run to the bathroom and i would like to go in my pants.

i am sure there are some more comparisons but i can't really remember them right now. :) i do love my elderly that i work with. working here really is like the movie ground hog day. every morning when i come in i see the same people, answer the same questions, hear them talk about me behind my back about the same things: (yes, i used to be the activity director and drive the bus. yes i am pregnant. yes i now work in front office, etc. etc.), and every day i redirect the same people to the bathroom, to their room or to a couch. i do love them and it does make me thankful that i am young and pregnant, instead of old and forgetful. :) okay, im done for now. i need to go take Mrs. _____ to the bathroom before she wets herself!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think you should just pee on yourself. i'm not even pregnant, just lazy, and sometimes i'd rather have a depends. :) haha you are funny and i hope you start feeling better. and next time someone tells you that you are getting big, say "i'm pregnant. what's your excuse?" ;-)