8/1/08

Bonding with Cadence

Last night Matt had to go back into work and I had some time alone (which normally, I do not like-especially after dark). But, God really used that time last night to speak to me and to give me some amazing time with Cadence. You're probably wondering how in the world I can have some time with her since she hasn't even entered this world yet, but trust me: God is good and He makes it happen. :)

I decided to go up into our bedroom with the puppies, read my Bible a little bit, and spend some time in prayer. Lately I have really been struggling with my time in the Word and what to read, what to pray, etc. So, I am really trying hard to dig in and just let God lead me. During my prayer time I really just started praying for Cadence and for her future. I've been so excited to become a mom that I have not really thought about the fact that I am going to be a MOTHER and raising a little girl. I know that sounds dumb, but it didn't really hit home until last night. All of these thoughts started running through my head: Will she love me and have a great relationship with me like I do with my mom? I hope she knows the Lord at a very young age and does amazing things for Him...but what if He calls her overseas for missions? (that'd be so hard to let her go). What if she goes through a lot of middle school/high school drama with petty girls and stupid boys?!

Soooooooo many thoughts started running through my head and I realized that Cadence is first and foremost God's child. As much as I am going to love her and want the best for her, God will love her that much more and design an amazing plan for her that I can't even imagine or dream up myself. He already knows the date and time when she is going to meet Him and give her life over to Christ. He already knows the heartaches she will experience and He already knows the man that will sweep her off of her feet. It may sound weird that I am already thinking and praying about the man that will marry my future daughter, but let me tell you that if it weren't for my grandmother and my parents praying-since the day I was born-for the man I was going to marry, then I would not have found Matthew. God honors the prayers of His people and He gives us the desires of our hearts. I have prayed for Cadence since the first time I saw the positive sign on our pregnancy test, and I will continue to pray for her until the day that I die.

After praying for her and allowing God to speak to my heart, I spent the rest of my "alone" time singing to her. Now, for all you out there who are laughing, you can kiss my butt! :) It was a sweet time. I sang "Amazing Grace" over and over (the song that was me and my Mimi's favorite) and would you know that she LOVED it!! She kicked and squirmed. I have read that by now she is able to hear voices and other things on the outside of my belly, so I am making sure to sing to her and talk to her. After I sang my first verse, I just stopped and stared at my belly and kept saying outloud, "I am going to be a mom and my little daughter is living inside of me right now." (something I've known since the day I found out I was pregnant-that I would have a living being inside of me.) But I'm telling you, it did not really hit me emotionally until last night.

I am so thankful for my time with Cadence and with the Lord last night. It was such a blessing and something that I will never forget. I look forward to many more bonding times with her-especially after she arrives into this world! :)

No comments: