10/12/09

Still Crutchin' Around, A Sick Little Girl, and Apple Pickin'

It has been over a month since I had my surgery. I went Friday to get my cast off and to get my aircast (walking boot). The doc said I can walk crutch-free as soon as I can tolerate the pain. I will be in the aircast for atleast 3 weeks (I go back to the doc in 3 weeks). He will then check things out and I will possibly do some physical therapy. I was discouraged when I went because I didn't realize this would be such an ordeal. I believe I had unrealistic expectations. I have been in a lot of pain since my appointment (I am trying to walk a lot without my crutches because I am so ready for some freedom). Today has been better and I have been able to take care of my Cadence all by myself. I LOVE IT! I have missed my one on one time with her!


My sweet CadyBug has been sick with a double ear infection since Wed. We took her back to the doc on Saturday because she was still running a fever. He checked her ears and they are looking good, but she has Coxsackie Virus. It is extremely common (and contagious). She has a red ulcer in the back of her throat and she just feels pooey. Last night she slept with me (Matt slept in the guest bed so he could be rested for work today). She was up about 2AM and had a fever over 104. Gosh it scared me. Today she is acting like she feels okay, but she still has a fever. Thankfully it has gone down. Please say a prayer for her and that she heals quickly. Despite her fever and illness, she is still her sweet, silly self. I am so blessed to have such an amazing daughter!

We went apple picking yesterday with Matt's fam and had a blast. Cady was feeling better and wasn't running a fever at the time so we went for some family fun. There weren't that many apples to pick, and goodness knows I couldn't walk far to search for some, but I was able to get a lot of good pictures of Cadence. Here are a few of our pics from our trip to Sky Top.






No comments: