10/29/09

Cadence's 1st Birthday!!

Cadence had a great first birthday. From the moment she woke up until the time she went to sleep, she was CELEBRATED!!!! :) I am BIG into birthdays and I have always enjoyed making them special. I am thankful to my parents who raised me to love birthdays and who always made me feel extra special on that special day. To this day they still make it extra special. And Matt has definitely taken on the role as birthday planner for my bdays. He goes out of his way to celebrate me. He makes me chocolate chip pancakes in the morning and makes me feel special throughout the day. I've always said I wanted to do the same for my children and we did, indeed for Cadence.

We started out her birthday by cuddling in the bed (one of mommy's favorite past times). Matt brought her to me before he left for work and we sang "Happy Birthday" to her and cuddled her. After he left for work, we went downstairs and I made her pancakes. I have never made pancakes (that is Matt's specialty) so they were a tad ugly. They tasted super good though. We spent the morning playing with all of her goodies from her birthday party. We played dolls, had a tea party, etc. After Cady's nap, Mimi came over and drove us to the zoo to meet Matt. Mark also came and dropped Aubrie off for the afternoon. We had a picnic lunch and then spent the afternoon at the zoo. Cadence LOVED it and so did Brie. They were precious. Cadence was born at 12:25 pm so at that exact time we sang to her and gave her the minute birthday kiss.

The zoo was great (and exhausting...it's the most I've walked since surgery and it didn't feel that great. BUT I wasn't going to let it ruin her bday). Mimi dropped us back at home and we both rested for awhile. When Matt got home from work we made sugar cookies and put frosting on them and let Cadence get a little messy again. She loved it!! Then we gave her a birthday card from us and let her open one last present (a pink play-laptop). She was real pumped. After that, we went outside to swing her (one of her favorite presents from BeBe and Poppy). We played outside for a long time. While we were playing outside BeBe and Aunt Kaitlyn came and brought us supper. Later, Poppy showed up and we had a great supper. After supper we watched her BIRTHday video (no worries-nothing gross on there haha) and celebrated her yet again. We ended the night by singing "Happy Birthday" yet again to her. You can never sing that enough!!! After the fam left Matt and I gave her a bath, read to her and said our prayers. I can't believe our little girl is one. It sure was a great day and I definitely think she'll grow to love birthdays like her mommy!! :)
My One year old first thing in the morning
Happy Birthday!
Cady and her Birthday Pancakes
At this exact time a year ago she was born. This is her minute bday pic

Posing at the zoo


Daddy and Cadence looking at one of the many animals


Mommy and Cadence and the Orangutans



Cousin Aubrie and the Birthday girl


Daddy, Cady and Mommy

Leaving the zoo on daddy's shoulders
Eating her cookie with icing

Loving her swing!

Posing with BeBe

No comments: