7/6/11

6 days and counting...

In 6 days or less I will have a brand new daughter.  C-R-A-Z-Y!!!  I am scheduled to go in for a c-section with my favorite doctor  (Dr. Alt) at 8 am on Tuesday, July 12.  We have to be there at 6 and then the procedure should begin around 8.  The decision to have a c-section has been a very difficult one for me.  I had THE BEST labor and delivery story and experience with Cadence.  However, the recovery was horrible!  *Warning: the following info could be TMI for some of you, so read at your own risk.*

With Cadence I had a 4th degree tear and it literally took at least 8 months to feel semi normal "down there."  It was truly miserable and I have never had so much pain in all of my life as I did when recovering from delivering CadyBug.  Cady was 8 pounds and 7 ounces 2 weeks early, so apparently I produce big babies and my body wasn't quite prepared for that.  So, this time around my doctors have told me that I could totally have a c-section if I wanted to.  They said if I have a vaginal delivery I may not tear, but there is a good chance I could tear badly again, and if that were to happen I may never be the same "down there" again.  Do I really want to go through all of that again and chance being in pain for the rest of my life, along with other issues and complications?  I had an ultrasound last week and it shows that Emily, too, is a big girl.  So, after much prayer and going back and forth and back and forth, Matt and I decided that it is best for me to have a scheduled c-section.  I am nervous about the whole procedure, and I am not excited about the fact that I won't be able to hold her right after I have her.  But, in the big scheme of things, it's not really that big of a deal.  I will know for sure that all my parts will be in tact and I will be pain free "down there".  :) 

So, here we go!  I was already 2 cm dilated last Thursday at the doctor, and I go on Friday to be checked again.  I very well could go into labor before my scheduled date, but regardless they will do a c-section.  I can't believe the day is approaching so quickly!  I have mixed feelings, if I have to be honest.  Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to meet this precious child!!  But, I am nervous about all that comes with a newborn and having a second child.  Right now I have my routine down to a science with CadyBug and I am so used to it just being us during the day.   I am concerned she will feel left out.  I am concerned I will have tons of mom-guilt.  I am concerned I will be too exhausted to give my children (in particular Cadence) what she needs.  I just have lots of concerns.  BUT, moms do this every day right?  I can do it!  :)  I have a wonderful, supportive family and a God who gives me the strength to get through every day.  I need to quit worrying and just get ready to embrace all that is coming:  the good, bad and the ugly.  :)  I am SO blessed and I feel like I am living a dream every day.  God is giving me just what I prayed for and desired since I was a little girl:  an amazing husband, healthy children, and the chance to be a stay at home mommy.  Thank you, Jesus for my blessings!

I will try to keep the blog world updated on the arrival of little Miss Emily.  I am sure it will be awhile before I blog, but I will do my best.  :)  Here's to becoming a mommy of two!!!  :)

9 comments:

Alexa said...

I am so excited for you and I can't believe it's already time! I bet having two little girls will be so fun :)


I'll be thinking of you. Can't wait to see her! xo

abby said...

thank you so much sweet girl! we are so excited and just waiting. ahhhh!

steph said...

I know that was a hard decision Abs! I know now that I am much more fearful of the "aftermath" of birth than the actual labor. I will be praying for you guys, and I cannot wait to see pictures of your sweet new baby girl!! Love you!

abby said...

steph-thank so much for your prayers! they mean THE WORLD! it was one of the hardest decisions ive had to make, but we are confident it is the right one for us. soooo we will just push forward and see :) i promise to add pics as soon as possible. i LOVE looking at pics of your beautiful family! i love you!

Nicole said...

Girl you are brave! I would never choose a c-section. My natural labor with Marco was a breeze though. But seriously, expect the recovery to be really really hard... for about 4 weeks. I had NO idea it would be as bad as it was. This is all very encouraging, eh?
But, when all is said and done, it'll be worth every stitch and pain and pill you pop. Good luck and post pics ASAP so we can all gawk at your new beautiful baby girl!

abby said...

i am totally prepared for the recovery. according to everyone ive talked to it is nothing compared to the recovery i had with my vaginal delivery. literally for at LEAST 8 months i cried when i went to the bathroom, etc. and it hurt to sit. so i can take a good 4 weeks of pain in my tummy! :) im just ready to meet this sweet child that has been residing inside of me for so long :)and i will post pics asap for sure!

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

So blogging really brings you into someone else's life. I am so excited about Emily's birth that I feel like it is happening to me in a few short days! I am sooo pumped for you guys.

abby said...

thank you SO much sweet Sara Ellen! i feel like everything youve been going through-im experiencing it as well. i love love love reading your posts. we need to get our kiddos together after emily is born. play dates in our future?

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

Totally! I am in Simpsonville all of the time visiting my parents. I am officially a stay at home mom now too so I've got all the time in the world!