5/4/11

Easter and My Sick Little Girl

We did not have the traditional Easter on Easter Sunday.  The Friday before Easter Sunday, Cadence started running  a fever.  Usually when she runs a fever, it lasts for about 5 or 6 days and she is down in the dumps.  This was no different.  Saturday she woke up feeling okay but still couldn't shake her fever.  In the middle of the night Saturday, Matt went in to check on her and she was sitting up in her bed, burning up and talking crazy.  I went in there and I about freaked out because I was so worried about her.  She was running 103.5 fever and was making NO sense while she was talking.  I think it had to do with the fact she was delirious, tired and had a high fever.  Poor baby.  We put her in the bed with us so we could monitor her and wake her up every few hours for medicine.  She woke up Sunday morning with a really high fever again, so we called her doctor.  Thankfully, her doctor will see her if the on call nurse at the hospital thinks it's necessary.  We went in to the doctor's office at noon and they tested her for Strep.  The results came back negative, but she had what they called Viral Strep.  So, no antibiotics and it would just have to run its course.  That being said, sweet girl didn't get to wear her pretty Easter dress or go to church.  Instead, we road over to Matt's parents and had some lunch (which we were planning on doing any way).  She had fun and even felt up to hunting some eggs.  However, she was completely worn out after those festivities and was unable to go to my parent's house for our Easter dinner.  Matt took Cadence home and I went to my fam's and had dinner and hunted for the Annual Adult Kid's Easter Egg Hunt (this yr was the last yr).  I am extremely proud b/c I won the prize egg (with $20).  I had to make my little family proud since they weren't there to represent.  :)  Cadence remained sick with a high fever until Wednesday morning.  Our family had a camping trip planned and we were suppose to leave on Wednesday-however, we decided to leave a day late to let her recoop some more and because they were calling for horrible weather where we were going.  I will write about that in my next post.  Here are some pics from our not so normal Easter. 




This girl will still sing, even with a fever.


Going through her goodies at BeBe and Poppy's











Poor sick baby with 104.5 temp on Monday morning.


No comments: