9/29/11

Catching Up

I have been horrible with my blogging lately (as I knew I would be when I started to blog again).  Life is more busy these days, but oh so wonderful!  Emily is doing great on her Nutramigen.  She started sleeping through the night around 6 weeks (eating at 9:30 pm and sleeping til around 7 or 7:30 am).  She has some nights where she wakes up wanting her paci, but overall she is a great sleeper.  She is an amazing napper.  Her schedule goes something like this:  wake up between 6 and 7 for her first morning bottle.  If she wakes up before 7, she usually goes right back to sleep.  If she wakes up at 7 or after she is usually up for an hour or so.  She eats again around 10:30 or 11.  After that bottle she is awake for about an hour and a half to two hours.  She coos and smiles ALL the time now, and it MELTS MY HEART!  We play, chat, hang out, etc.  :)  She usually goes down for a good nap around 3 and sleeps until about 6 or 6:30 pm.  She then eats and plays until she falls back asleep for a cat nap around 7 or 7:30.  Her last bottle is around 9:30 and then I put her right down for bed.  Her schedule changes depending on when she wakes up in the morning, but for the most part we have her on a good schedule.  I can't believe that next Tuesday my baby girl will be 12 weeks old.  How has time flown by so fast?!  I love cuddling her, smooching her, talking to her, playing with her, etc.  Having an almost 3 yr old, I know how fast this baby stage flies, so I am trying to soak in EVERY moment with Emily.  She is PURE SWEETNESS and I am so thankful for her!

Cadence is a joy as usual!  She is doing wonderful at MMO.  The first week (she goes two days a week) she cried when I left her, but now she gives me a hug and kiss and says, "You can go now, Mommy.  I won't cry."  What a big girl!  :)  She is still the best big sister ever.  She loves to hold Emily, and lay on her play mat with her.  She loves to assist me in everything I do with Emily (except she's not a fan of helping with diaper changes.) haha.  Her favorite things these days are:  barbies, tinkerbell and the fairies, all of the princesses (Belle is her favorite), backyardigans (yes, she still loves them), riding her tricycle (being outside, period!!), singing and dancing (we have frequent dance parties in the playroom), making up songs, coloring, reading books, "helping" daddy cut grass, talk talk talk, tell stories, etc.  She also has an imaginary friend named "Mary."  Mary is small (fits in the palm of Cady's hand), and has pink, orange and purple hair.  One night at supper, Cady started busting out laughing and we asked her what was so funny.  She replied, "Mary is tickling my feet!!"  Man, she cracks us up!  We love her imagination and seeing her creative side come out.  She is the most tenderhearted little girl and is truly hilarious.  She certainly has a mind of her own and is quick witted.  We are truly blessed with two amazing girls!!


                                                        Big girl on her first day of "school"


Go Tigers!!


Sweet baby girl


My little fashionista


That's the smile I LOVE!


Melts my heart


We took Cady camping (Emily stayed with Matt's parents) with my parents and friends and had a blast!  It was muddy the first day so we rocked our rainboots!


                                                                   Me and my Lovies!


                                                                         Sweet girl!


Matt and I took Cadybug to a petting zoo in the mountains and she loved it!  This smile is contagious!



Matt and Cady at "Donuts for Dad" at her school

2 comments:

Alexa said...

Oh my goodness, your babies are precious. Cady looks so much like you, but Emily has her own look! Who do you think she looks like?!

And I laughed so hard over Cady's friend Mary. What a funny girl! I bet you are having so much fun with your girls. You and Meghan are giving me baby fever and it's way too early for this.

p.s. Belle was (is) my favorite, too :)

abby said...

aw thanks so much sweet girl! we get mixed reviews on who the girls look like. Em looks JUST like my baby pictures, but when i look at her i see matt. the girls definitely look different, thats for sure! and yes hahaha cadence is quite the character-her and mary...man o man :) we have fun, for sure. i cant wait to see your babies one day. they'll be AMAZING!